Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Nothing Book

Ever since I was an eight year old mini me, I've spent my summers at Camp Glen Arden for girls tucked away in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina.  Every May I would anxiously begin my countdown to the days where I would be swimming in the lake, staying up late telling scary stories with my friends, hiking through the woods, and absorbed in a care free world where I could simply be myself.  From appreciating the beauty of a sunset you hiked to see, to watching the fireflies flutter across the sky, Camp taught me the joy of finding beauty in the simple things.  One of my favorite lessons I have taken away from camp is the 'Nothing Book'. May sound pretty insignificant.. a book filled with nothing.  Trust me it is much more than that.  A Nothing Book is a place for me to hold all of my favorite quotes or warm fuzzies as I like to call them (yes, I am aware that I am a cheese ball) in one place.  If ever I have a tough day in which nothing seems to be right, I'll pull out my Nothing Book and be reminded of how I have so much in this world to smile about :)












Hope you are feeling inspired.

xx, Savannah



No comments:

Post a Comment