Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Brown Butter Cinnamon Roll Krispie Treats

I have to admit, I am pretty delighted about my first recipe post on my little blog here.  These tasty treats actually began as a happy accident.  While looking through many of my pinned Pinterest recipes I've been dying to try, I came across these  Browned Butter Pumpkin Spice Krispie Treats from cookies and cups.com.  Instantly my mouth began to water at what could be the perfect holiday treat!  One problem.. what is "pumpkin pie spice"?  A simple google search and trip to the grocery store could easily solve this problem, but why do that when I have Cinnabon's Cinnamon Roll Sprinkle Spice.  One small substitute of the special spice and I was off to cinnamon heaven.  Give these a try and I know you will have no choice but to enjoy!



My little brother getting in on some Brown Butter Krispie Treat Action


Ingredients:
1/4 cup salted butter
1 (10.5) oz bag mini marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
1 teaspoon Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Sprinkle Spice
Spray 9×9 pan with non-stick spray


Steps: 
Over med-low heat melt your butter.  Once your butter is melted, continue to cook until butter starts to brown.  The butter will turn a golden brown color and develop a nutty aroma.  Be careful not to burn.  Once the butter begins to brown it can burn quickly.  Stir up any brown bits.  Add the marshmallows and Cinnamon Roll Sprinkle Spice.  Stir until marshmallows are melted.  Remove from heat and stir in the rice krispies.  When mixed spread the krispie mixture in your prepared pan.  Spray a sheet of wax paper or parchment with non-stick spray and gently press the krispies down evenly.  Let cool for 30 minutes and then cut into squares.

I hope you enjoy!

Love,
Savannah





No comments:

Post a Comment